Sign in to follow this  
Danny

When will the Orioles deal Machado? To who?

As the season goes on, it's pretty clear the Orioles might have a historically awful team. Through yesterday, they have a .288 winning percentage and are on pace to lose approximately 115 games!!! 😳

That brings me to Manny Machado. We know his free agency is coming and he's going to land a monster contract. Will someone deal for him this summer as a rental? I think it's likely, but where do you think he'll land? Now that he's shown he can play SS, I think a team with SS/3B needs would be perfect if they plan to make a run this year.

Machado has been playing great this year and it's scary to think where the Orioles would be without him. If they trade, we might see the team challenge the 2004 Tigers for worst record of the millenium.

10 hours ago, JDohn said:

To the Red Sox for Rafael Devers JBJ and someone else

It's just a rental though. Are the Sox ready to give up on Devers?

15 hours ago, Danny said:

It's just a rental though. Are the Sox ready to give up on Devers?

Personally I don’t think devers will ever be above a .270 hitter and his defense is less than desirable. To obtain arguably the best 3rd basemen in baseball would push the Sox past the Yankees this season, and maybe Manny would stay in a winning environment 

Per MLB, the latest rumor is Machado will go to the Dodgers.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-trade-deadline/c-281084458

This move makes in my opinion. With Corey Seager out all year, they'll need a shortstop if they plan to make any type of run late in the season. Manny's bat wouldn't hurt either, but I just don't see them as a potential landing spot long-term. 

16 hours ago, Danny said:

Per MLB, the latest rumor is Machado will go to the Dodgers.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-trade-deadline/c-281084458

This move makes in my opinion. With Corey Seager out all year, they'll need a shortstop if they plan to make any type of run late in the season. Manny's bat wouldn't hurt either, but I just don't see them as a potential landing spot long-term. 

That does make a ton of sense!